Friday, July 25, 2008

Michael writes us a letter

Michael is one of the older boys living at African Child in Need. He slips a handwritten letter to Stephanie today and she shares it with us:

Hellow

I just want to say that plz thank you vary much and your team, for having left your families and decided to come to Uganda, to have fun with us and buying us mattresses, bedsheets, pillows and the beds. I also thank u for all the money you spent on us and transport from your home countries. I say that we have never had this before but because u loved us that's why you did all these for us.

I pray that may God bless you and pay you back everything and I promise that we shall never forget you for what you've done for us. I say that thanks a lot for all. I know I shall miss u and u shall miss us but through God the almight we'll meet again.

Yours happily
Micheal Heys Kiyingi


I try to figure out what strikes me the most about this letter, and I think it's the part where he talks about how he hopes that we are paid back for everything. How utterly sweet of him. Because what Michael doesn't realize is that we've already been paid back,
that we are different forever because we have met him and the others, because of what we've been a part of here.

No comments: